Kacey - You will be going to Mexico soon and I'm SOOO excited (and jealous) for you!!! I have loved traveling and all the funny, crazy, chaotic memories that I will forever have!! This will be your first trip and then you will be bitten with the travel bug that I and my sisters have had!!
Here are some pics from some of my travels to let you see how much you will experience!! And also cuz I just like looking at pics of myself...jk!
ECUADOR
This was a study abroad trip I went to for my Spanish major. It was a month long and I didn't know anyone else that was going. It was so fun!!! I was nervous at first cuz I knew no one, but I made friends who I still keep in contact with. Loved it!!! I loved it because since it was a study abroad, the professor really wanted you to get to know the culture, not just the tourist stuff. Just one tip....study abroad programs can be somewhat chaotic - especially in Latin America, so just go with the flow and don't get stressed out if things seem a little unorganized....
The best thing about study abroad programs is that you get to see cool things like the pic below. The professors know the ins and outs of the country and you get to surpass all the touristy crap.

This was a waterfall that was quite unknown to people that we hiked. If it wasn't a study abroad program, then we probably wouldn't have known about it.
Where else will you be able to do this!?
Look how cute these kids are! This was at a school in a remote village. It looks like something you'd see on tv.
Mexico
This was a trip I took with friends last summer to Puerto Vallarta. I LOVED it. SOOOO fun. I love Mexico. Its so colorful and loud and different than home!

Mexican rainstorms are the best!!! The raindrops are huge!!
We found some hidden local guides that took us surfing and snorkeling on a beach that no one else was on!! Its awesome to be able to speak Spanish so that you can find the best deals.
You will LOVE it!!




8 comments:
How fun! What crazy concert are we going to this year?
Staci, you have a book club and I wasn't invited?! I see how it is!
Thanks Staci! I'm going to go show her this right now!
Thanks girl! I really am excited and I know I am going to be soo glad I did it I'm just a tad nervous...haha Those pictures did get me more excited though...email me or something if you have any tips about what to bring or not bring or whatev. PS- My boyfriend is going on his mission to Quito Ecuador!
Yep. She said boyfriend.
Traveling opens your mind and your wanderlust will never be completely satisfied...good luck Kacey. Pack a travel journal.
Kacey, I love traveling to foreign lands. You will have so much fun! I was your age when I went on my study abroad program and I loved it. You'll have to start your own blog and post all your pictures when you get back. And - who is your boyfriend??
I can't believe she's gone! So far, she hates it ... but I'm sure it will get better, right?
Post a Comment