So this kid from my ward has been asking me out for about 3 weeks and I've always found an excuse to not go out with him. He's nice, cute, blah blah....but I am just not interested. Anyway, I felt guilty because he is in the sunday school presidency and I am a sunday school teacher so I see him and have meetings with him a lot. Finally I said ok to go out with him Saturday night. The night was pleasant. We ate dinner, went to a laser show, yada yada. Then at 11:00 pm, we were on our way home from Salt Lake and I was relieved to go home when he said, "Are ya up for watching a video at my house?" Feeling surprised with no time to think of a good excuse, I feebly said, "um ok, that would be fine." as I thought to myself NO!! I want to go home!! I've been in this interview-like date for too long...
I've been here before....an awkward date with someone you really don't like and you feel obliged to go back to their house at night sit restlessly and watch a movie you really don't even want to see with someone you don't want to see it with. Its like a job!
Having all these thoughts race through my mind and the feeling of dread overwhelm me, I blurted out, "Actually, can you just take me home?" And he did just that.
I felt bad for a minute, but then asked myself WHY should I have to do something I don't want to do just because I feel like I have to? Thats stupid!! Its my time too!! No more. If I don't like the person, I'm not going on dates anymore. Nope. Never.
Too bad the kid didn't get the hint, because he texted me last night to see if I wanted to go out again.....
I hope he doesn't somehow find this blog.....

5 comments:
well if he does find it he wont have any questions about how you feel will he? ha ha I like your story though.
I remember doing that. Good for you for saying what you felt. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i say well done! i could never have the guts to do that. i'm very proud!
K that is so funny because I just went through the same exact thing!! Only after saying it would be fine to watch a movie at his house, I didn't have the courage to change my mind. Haha. It gets so old though and I hate going on dates that I don't want to go on and you just dread it the whole week. You would be proud of me though. A guy asked me out this weekend and for the first time...I said no. :D
haha Go Kacey!! Be strong!!! Dating sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment