I was at the store today trying to look for a cute shirt. Failed. While I was looking, a dad was telling his daughter "Get out of the lady's way." LADY? When have I become a lady and not just a girl! I mean, I know I'm 29 and not a teenager anymore - but a LADY?? This also goes along with my hatred for people who call me ma'am instead of MISS. There should be rules for these titles, such as only using the title of ma'am to those awesome women who are over 50.
Why does this bother me so? I know not. I don't mind getting older. To be honest, its GREAT. I am able to be independent, have a career and be single - I can do what I want, when I want, with whomever I want, HOW I want. Maybe its the fact that I don't have any children, or a husband or things of that sort, so it makes me jump when I am called Ma'am or Lady. Or maybe its because I give my boyfriend wet-willies and bring whoopie-cusions to work that make me feel more like a MISS and not a MA'AM. I'm still young. I will forever be young - even when I'm 85.
Usage of "Ma'am" is common in the United States and in Western Canada. In the past the term was in theory to be used only for married women, but it has become common courtesy to use this term for all adult women, rather than to attempt to presume a marital status based on age or other appearances. The term formerly in common usage for unmarried women, "Miss," is now usually reserved only for children and young ladies of school age, for extremely formal usage in which the woman's marital status is known, or if the woman in question has made it known that that she prefers said term.
I guess there are a few other evidences of me getting older:
- I can't stand MTV anymore.
- MUST HAVE 8 HOURS OF SLEEP
- Don't find any of the below clothing attractive (these were all at a popular young adult store)
- Don't think he is cute at all:
- And I have Arthiritis.







10 comments:
I get called kiddo ALL the freaking time....I have a name...use it.
Too funny, ma'am.
Staci you make me laugh! I don't think rob pattinson or any of those clothes are cute either. I guess I'm old too though I really don't feel like it!
Welcome to my world!! xox
you seriously crack me up, ha ha. I hated Maam until I moved to Louisiana and that is what EVERYONE says. I think I've just gotten used to it! You are only as old as you feel (=. and amen about Twilight guy, I do not find him attractive at all.
Ok.. I know I am the biggest DORK on the block but I think that Rob Pats is soooo cute. I know I am 29 and obsessed with Twilight but I want to be young too. : ) I guess its my way of staying young. You can call me a loser any time. You are the best and I love you. I want to be young at 85 just like you.
Staci I am right there with ya. I totally know what you are saying. I must be getting old too. But I feel so young still.
Staci I am right there with ya. I totally know what you are saying. I must be getting old too. But I feel so young still.
Staci its okay you will forever be 18/19 in my head... even when you're 85!!!! You are as old as you feel and you act that way too :) I love it <3
I always know that when I read your blog it will make my day, I love it, as for the clothes I don't think I would wear or buy any of them, I must be completely out of style, as for all the drama with Twilight boy, I don't get it, but anyway thank you for making me smile today, you are the Best!!
Post a Comment