Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Septic Tank

So.....remember this?


Basically I had serious plumbing issues, and in the process of fixing them, my dad and I unearthed the old septic tank that was used years ago ( my house is 70 yrs old). The boards that were covering the tanks were rotted and my dad almost fell through them, which is why he decided we needed to recover them with weather treated wood, etc.

Well I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I have a huge gaping whole in my back yard. I have to dig out the rest of the rotting wood and frankly, I have much funner things to do. Besides this is in my back yard....so noone sees it.

The other day I was feeling ambitious and decided to bite the bullet and uncover the poo bin. 

Then I lost my balance.

And fell in.

Head first.

Into the poo bin.

Yes, I cried.


Times like these are when I decide I want a husband. So that HE can uncover poo bins and stuff.
Here is a war wound from the fall.

12 comments:

Celeste M. Amazing said...

hahahaha brings new meaning to Staci-poo :)

Samantha Jane said...

Okay is it bad that I laughed when you first told me? Then I felt bad when I saw your wounds? <3

Mrs. Bennett said...

ha ha. at least it makes a good story!

Tina McKinnon said...

At least we know now what husbands' true roles are!! haha!
That is a really bad oueeee! Glad you didn't drown. :)

Keifers said...

Oh gross! I would have cried too. I'm glad you didn't drown also. Could you imagine the news story? "Girl dies after suffocating on 70 years of poo."

How long was the shower afterwards?

Cherie said...

Oh, that last comment was from Cherie, not Keifers...

Karen said...

Any good boyfriend would have done that for you! That might be a deal breaker for me ... cut him loose!

Tara Dawn said...

Yuck! That's so CRAPPY! He he-I couldn't help myself. But seriously, bravo for you for being willing to attempt it! Even things I know I can do fairly well I pretend I can't so my husband has to do them. He has no idea.

Becky said...

Poor staci!!!! That is really disgusting.

Laura said...

ewwwwww....... SO GROSS!

The Wiseman's said...

YUCK!! That puts a whole new meaning to your name my dad gave you!! STaincy!!!lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...that is horrible!!! That definitely looks like it was sore for quite a long time. I hope you are healing alright.