Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting ready to tackle

So long story short. The house I was going to buy fell through. The inspection resulted in a really old roof, an almost broken furnace and an old swamp cooler. The sellers refused to negotiate, so I decided to go another route. And can I just say I am SOOO happy I did? I found another house for the same price, built the same year - with even cuter appeal!!! But - it needs some cosmetic love. Which I am more than excited to do. I don't close on the house for another week, but the inspection and all went well. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on my new found treasure so I can make it mine.



Here is the kitchen. Really white. White walls, white cupboards and white-ish floor.

* the tile is new and real
* What colors would you do?



If YOU were going to re-do this kitchen, what changes would you make?

7 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

Is that floor real tile?
Okay - first i would live in it for a while before i made big changes, so you can see what you really want to do. But at first glance, I would say paint the white walls. Window treatments. Then see how it looks.

brooke said...

Actually, I would paint the cupboards, myself. Window treatment, of course. I would also paint one or two of the walls, but not all of them. I love that you have a place! SO jealous!

Chad and Maresa said...

I'd keep the white cupboards and replace the counter tops. I'd also put different handles on the cupboards. I love white kitchens.

Kip and Chantel said...

I would leave the cupboards white. I would love a white kitchen. If I could paint my cupboards now I totally would. You can add any color. I think white looks so clean. I am so excited to see it.

Becky said...

I agree with Mich...live in it a little then decide. I like white cabinets, too.

Tina McKinnon said...

Personally, I LOVE white kitchens... I had one in Mesa that I loved! You can add so much personality and snap with what ELSE you put in... Shiny brass, plants, pictures, table cloths, etc. With it white, you have a totally blank canvas to add the things you love and have them actually show up. Can't wait to see more pictures! Congrats!

Laura said...

Leave the cabinets white and pain the wall a mustard yellow color. like this http://www.myperfectcolor.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=MPC0018853

Then add black accents.