"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"
-John Groban
-John Groban
Molly is our border collie dog. The thing about border collies, is that they're VERY smart - which makes them very neurotic! She really does think she is a human. She uses her front paws more than i've ever seen any dog use them - she picks things up, holds things, touches things with just her paws. She's a nerd.
She is also aVERY jealous dog. My parents have a neighbor dog named Jake. Molly knows that is his name. If we are outside and she is loose, she will never come when we call her name, but as soon as we say the name Jake, she growls and runs straight to us.
She is a tease. In my parents neighborhood, there is a GIANT german shepherd dog that lives in a fenced yard. When I take Molly for a walk, he always charges at us, barking ferociously.... at first it spooked Molly a little. When she realized that the german shepherd couldn't reach us, Molly started to walk extra slow while we were passing him. Or she would just stop and look at him as if to say "Try and get me."
We give Molly little bones every now and then. And every now and then we find little blood streaks on the couches or beds where Molly has rubbed her nose raw by pushing the imaginary dirt over the bones in order to cover them. Many times, my mom find bones under her pillows or at the foot of her bed under her covers. The guest beds usually have bones hidden in them as well.

Molly is a border collie, which is a herding dog. They are born to herd cattle, sheep - whatever. She has never been trained to do it since she is just the family pet, but the herding instinct it there more than ever. When we take her to the horses, she salivates as she watches the horses and tries to herd them by basically just chasing them in circles. I don't know how many times she's been kicked. She herds children, big balls and horses.
Although she chases the 1200 lb horses and the mean mule and gets chased back and kicked at, she is afraid of our little pygmy goat.

This dog gets more baths than any other dog in the world (well...maybe). Sometimes if we aren't watching her, she will go and find the most rancid dog poop somewhere in the neighborhood and roll all over in it. I've had the misfortune of find out where the wretched stench was coming as I put my hand right in it when I went to pat Molly on the head.

This dog gets more baths than any other dog in the world (well...maybe). Sometimes if we aren't watching her, she will go and find the most rancid dog poop somewhere in the neighborhood and roll all over in it. I've had the misfortune of find out where the wretched stench was coming as I put my hand right in it when I went to pat Molly on the head.

I freaking love this dog. I will say however, that border collie dogs are not the best breed of dogs to have around small children. They are more of an older child, adult dog.... :)
Peace, love and hair grease.
The end.
Peace, love and hair grease.
The end.

4 comments:
Oh I love Molly :) And your goat!
Please check the guest bed for bloody bones before we come to sleep.
Please remember that Molly is YOURS when you get your own home. I am serious. Love, Mom
My mom has a boarder collie and loves him, he is very smart!! Ha ha I can't quit laughing about your moms comment!! You know she loves her!!
Post a Comment