Saturday, June 14, 2008

Superheros


Last night Devin and I went to go see The Incredible Hulk. I was quite skeptical since the last attempt at the hulk was ridiculous and I couldn't even watch the whole movie. This version with Edward Norton was excellent. I give it 3.5 stars out of 4. Ed Norton was great as was Liv Tyler (although she always represents an elf-like persona to me since The Lord of the Rings).

I like superhero movies, and with an exception to Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr. and this Incredible Hulk, which were both great, the other recent attempts have all been disappointing. I couldn't stand Spider-Man due to the lack of Toby McGuire's acting skills. The new Superman was lame as both of the Fantastic Fours. Hellboy was just weird and Elektra was annoying with all the slow-motion fight scenes. Gag.

I am looking forward to the new Batman the Dark Knight one with Christian Bale (hottie) and the late Heath Ledger. I watched some clips from that and Heath Ledger does a creepily good job acting as the Joker.

The feminist in me is saying....when will there be a Wonder Woman Remake?? Or a better Catwoman (the one Halle Berry did was atrocious). What about a Shera and Heman movie? Or Sabra, Xena the Warrior Princess or even Atomic Betty? But if they do, please get a good actress - not just a sexy one with big boobs. There was the movie My Super Ex-girlfriend with Uma Thurman which was funny, yet sexed up. Then there is Lara Croft from TombRaider with Angelina Jolie (homewrecker) - but all you can really see are her ginormous bosoms.


Anywho. Those are my thoughts. :)

9 comments:

The Bucks said...

I havent talked to you forever!! it looks like you have been incredibly busy!!! We need to catch up!! Congrats on your graduation by the way!! Miss ya

Karen said...

LOVED Iron Man! I have seen it twice ... so far.

My beloved Heath did put his heart and soul into his last role ... and now I must go weep.

I haven't seen Hulk yet, but Keaton saw it last night and is highly recommending it.

Oh Heath ...

Karen said...

Um, wait a minute ...

WHO IS DEVIN???

Becky said...

I love Edward Norton! I just like his looks, his acting, everything. If he is in a movie, I typically see it. Loved: The Painted Veil, The illusionist, the Italian Job, anything with him. Maybe I'll see the Hulk, too!!

Becky said...

And I love Christian Bale too! Hottie! (Jon, you're a hottie too if you're reading this...)

Mrs. Bennett said...

I am with becky. I love christian bale, and edward norton. I also want to see the new batman because heath ledger looks creepily good in it. I thought that when i saw the first preview last year and was still alive. I loved Iron man, but I'm like you - most super hero shows are dumb to me.
you know Heidi Ferrin? Well she's married now, but apparently her husband LOVES LOVES LOVES the incredible hulk series, and can't wait to see it. boys.

Heather said...

Edward Norton is fun to watch, but I think it's partly because he doesn't have the typical Hollywood good looks...I get tired of perfect-looking people. Except for Brad Pitt. He is Greek-god-like. I actually liked Spiderman II...the scene where all the people protect his identity in the train when his mask came off made me get goosebumps. Weird, I know. And I also liked the new Superman movie. I also agree...I'm all for a Wonder Woman movie...and Lara Croft was all about her big bosoms...

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Hey Staci-OK so how did I manage to JUST be seeing your blog???? Where have I been? Hope you dont mind but I am adding you to my list. Ours is private but I would be more than happy to add ya to the invite list. Email me at shiloh_mckinnon with your email address and I will add you.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, this is Liz Van Komen/Johnson, I linked to your blog through two or three different blogs, I am not really sure how, I think it started with Kyle and Charise Johnson and I continued to blog link from there. I absolutley love your blog and I am so happy that I found you. I love all your fun posts. How neat that you graduated from College. Way to go!!! I will have to check your blog more often.